- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bosc pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (18g) brown sugar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon (3g) ground ginger
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion has softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add pears, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, rosemary and ginger. Continue to cook until the pears are soft, adding a splash of water if pan begins to become dry, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or cooled completely.