Watercress and Melon Salad
Mary's Kitchen Crush - "Brunch Engagement"
- 4 cups (300g) loosely packed, stemmed watercress
- 2 cups (300g) cubed watermelon
- 2 cups (300g) cubed cantaloupe
- 1 red finger chili
- 1 tablespoon (8g) finely chopped mint
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Mint leaves
- Finely sliced finger chili, optional
- Scatter the watercress, watermelon and cantaloupe onto a large serving dish.
- Using a pair of metal tongs or a fork, pick up or pierce the chili and hold it over the flame on a gas burner until charred. This can also be done under the broiler set to high.
- Place chili into a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for a minute. Using a spoon, carefully scrape charred skin from the chili, split it open and remove the seeds and ribs.
- Place the chili in small food processor along with mint, lemon zest and juice and olive oil. Season to salt and blitz to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the watercress and melon and scatter with mint leaves and sliced chili.