- 2 cups (400g) peeled and grated sweet potato, about 1 medium
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup (20g) chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons (10g) chopped parsley
- ¼ cup (25g) panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons (45g) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon (15g) flour
- ½ teaspoon (3g) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (2g) ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Canola oil
- Heat oven to 200F (93C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a cooling rack; set aside.
- Combine sweet potato, onion, garlic, cilantro and parsley in a large bowl. Add panko, cornstarch, flour, salt, pepper and ginger. Stir to combine. Stir in eggs.
- Heat ¼-inch (1/2 cm) of oil over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet. Working in batches of four, spoon ¼ cup (60ml) of the mixture into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on each side, 4 to 6 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Transfer to prepared sheet, sprinkle with salt and place in oven to keep warm while frying remaining batches.