- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- Five 1-inch (2 ½ cm) thick slices Italian bread, cut into cubes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, from Thyme Roasted Vegetables recipe
- 1 teaspoon (5g) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- ¼ batch Thyme Roasted Vegetables
- ¼ Roasted Spatchcock Pesto Chicken, torn or chopped
- 4 handfuls (about 120g) arugula
- 1/2 cup (100g) soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons (30g) basil pesto, from Roasted Spatchcock Pesto Chicken recipe
- 10–12 large basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add bread and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and stir until toasted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, squeeze garlic out of skin into a large bowl. Mash with a fork; whisk in Dijon, lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper and add vegetables, cutting up any larger pieces with a pair of kitchen shears. Add chicken, arugula and bread; toss to combine.
- Serve salad topped with goat cheese, a drizzle of pesto and basil.