- 1½ cups (350ml) vegetable or chicken broth, plus more, if needed
- 2 cloves garlic, from Thyme Roasted Vegetables recipe
- ¼ batch Thyme Roasted Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons (8g) chopped parsley
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Basil pesto, from chicken recipe
- Heat broth in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, squeeze garlic cloves from their skin into a blender.
- Add in the Thyme Roasted Vegetables and parsley along with 1½ cups (350ml) of the hot broth; blend until smooth, adding more broth, if desired. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Transfer soup into saucepan and heat on medium-low until hot.
- Serve topped with a swirl of basil pesto.