- 2 zucchinis, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch (2-cm) thick slices
- 1 delicata squash (sweet potato squash), halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into ½-inch (2cm) thick slices
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch (2cm) chunks
- 16 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 small red onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges each
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375F (190C).
- Toss zucchini, squash, bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, onion and thyme on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes (adding 20 minutes to roasting time for browning), stirring about halfway through.
- Remove the sprigs of thyme and set garlic aside and serve vegetables as is or use to make Roasted Panzanella or Roasted Tomato Veg Soup.