Charred Honey Citrus Green Beans
Mary's Kitchen Crush - "Turkey With a Twist"
- 3 cups (500g) green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) honey
- 1 teaspoon (5g) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (3g) lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Toss beans with oil and add to pan. Cook until tender and a little charred, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, honey, Dijon and zest in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add butter, stirring until melted. Simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss beans with sauce in a large bowl.