Mary's Kitchen Crush - "Bon Apetit"
- Lavender Syrup:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60g) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (3g) dried food grade lavender
- 3 oz (90ml) gin
- 1-½ oz (45ml) lemon juice
- 1 oz (30ml) Lavender Syrup
- 4 oz (120ml) sparkling wine
- 2 lemon twists
- For the syrup, combine water, sugar and lavender in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and steep for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- Strain syrup through a fine mesh sieve and cool completely, about 20 min.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add gin, lemon juice, and syrup. Shake well and strain into two flutes.
- Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a lemon twist.