- 2½ cups (320g) flour, divided
- 1½ tsp (5g) instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon (5g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5g) kosher salt
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons (177ml+30ml) very warm water
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30g) cornmeal
- 1 cup (250g) ricotta
- ¼ cup (60g) grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon (5g) finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon (5g) finely chopped basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon (5g) kosher salt, divided
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls (75g) arugula
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- Oil a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine 2 cups (260g) flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add in water and olive oil. Stir with a wooden spoon to form a shaggy dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead, adding up to another ½ cup (64g) flour, until dough comes together into a smooth ball, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place the dough into prepared bowl, cover with plastic wrap and a clean kitchen towel and allow it to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 500F (260C).
- Turn dough out onto counter and press into a 12-inch (30cm) round.
- Sprinkle a large baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Transfer pizza dough to sheet.
- Stir together ricotta, parmesan, herbs, garlic, lemon zest and ¼ tsp salt in a medium bowl.
- Spread to dough within a ½-inch (1¼ cm) of edge and top with tomato slices.
- Bake for 17 to 20 min until golden.
- In a bowl, toss arugula with lemon juice, olive oil, remaining salt and pepper. Place in centre of pizza before cutting to serve.