Pan Fried Polenta
Mary's Kitchen Crush - "Charity Dinner"
- 3-½ cups (830ml) vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- ¾ teaspoon (8g) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (120g) cornmeal
- ½ cup (125g) grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons (10g) finely chopped parsley
- Olive oil, for pan frying
- Spray a 9-inch (23cm) square pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add garlic, salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in cornmeal. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove polenta from heat and whisk in parmesan and parsley.
- Pour polenta into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours until firm enough to cut. Slice polenta into 4 equal squares then cut each square into 2 triangles.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Fry the polenta triangles until golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes, flipping halfway.