- 3lb (1.5kg) pork loin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (8g) finely chopped thyme
- ½ cup (120ml) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (60g) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15g) grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- Heat oven to 350F (176C).
- Place pork in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine garlic, thyme, balsamic, mustards and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half over pork. Rub glaze over pork and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a roasting pan fitted with a rack and pour 1-½ cups (355ml) water into bottom of pan.
- Roast until internal temperature reaches 140F (60C), about 1 hour, basting with reserved glaze every 10 minutes after first 30 minutes of cooking. Add more water if pan becomes dry.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cover with aluminum foil and rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.