- One 750mL bottle bold rosé wine
- 1/3 cup (75g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (78ml) water
- 10 large basil leaves
- 1 cup (152g) chopped seedless watermelon
- 1½ cups (180g) ice cubes
- Small wedges or chunks of watermelon, for garnish
- Small basil leaves, for garnish
- Pour wine into a 9x13-inch (23x33cm) baking pan and place in the freezer for 8 hours.
- Combine sugar, water and basil leaves in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a heat-proof bowl or jar and place in fridge to cool completely.
- Scrape the frozen wine into a blender. Remove basil leaves from mixture and add syrup to the blender with watermelon and ice. Puree until smooth.
- Serve immediately garnished with watermelon and basil or place blender into freezer for up to 30 minutes at a time, blending after each period and before serving.