- 1 cup (120g) flour
- ½ teaspoon (3g) salt
- ½ cup (115g) unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- ¼ cup (60ml) ice water
- 1½ cups (300g) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (200ml) golden corn syrup
- ½ cup (170ml) maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla
- ½ teaspoon (3g) kosher salt
- 2 cups (250g) pecans
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea sized pieces.
- Add water and stir gently until a shaggy dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto counter and knead just to bring it together.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and press into a 1-inch thick disk.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge and on a lightly floured work surface roll into a 12-inch (30-cm) round.
- Transfer to a 9-inch (23cm) pie plate. Trim and crimp edges.
- Refrigerate for 25 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350F (175C).
- In a large bowl whisk together all filling ingredients except for the pecans.
- Scatter pecans into pie shell and pour filling over.
- Place onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until crust is golden and filling is set, about 50 to 60 minutes. Cool completely.