Mocha Hazelnut Biscotti
Mary's Kitchen Crush - "When Mary Met Aaron"
- 1/3 cup (75g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (64g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (88g) mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup (75g) roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon (5g) instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon (6g) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (2g) kosher salt
- Heat oven to 350F (176C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar with a hand mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat to combine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Mix flour mixture into butter mixture just to combine.
- Form dough into a 9x4-inch (22x10 cm) log on prepared sheet.
- Bake until log is set and beginning to become firm, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 325F (163C).
- Using a chef’s knife, slice log into 16 pieces. Lay slices, cut side down, on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip the cookies over and bake until firm, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.