- 1 head large purple cauliflower
- 1 14 ounces can full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Salt & pepper
- Using sharp heavy knife and starting at top center of cauliflower head, cut two 1-inch-thick slices of cauliflower; set aside.
- Cut the remaining cauliflower into florets.
- Combine florets, water, and coconut milk milk in medium saucepan and bring to a boil; simmer until tender (approx. 10 minutes).
- Strain the florets over a bowl, reserving liquid.
- Transfer florets to food processor and begin blending. Slowly add cooking liquid, salt, pepper and coconut oil and puree until creamy and smooth, or desired consistency.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Sear each side until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and place skillet in the oven, bake steaks until tender, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, mound some mash onto each plate; place steak on top and finish with gremolata.