- 3 young coconuts
- 1 cup fresh coconut water (or just water)
- 1-2 high quality refrigerated probiotic capsules (Megaflora brand is good)
- Toppings (optional): Jam, Granola, Fresh Berries
- Sterilize all your tools, bowls, and blender by boiling them or washing them in very hot water (no metal anything!).
- Open your coconuts, set the water aside, and scoop out the meat with the back of your spoon.
- Placed the cleaned meat (no brown husk) in blender and add water a little at a time until it becomes a thick creamy consistency (side note: the blending heats up the mixture which the probiotics are gonna love).
- Add this mixture to a glass bowl, then add in probiotic capsules and mix (we are doing this because the blender has a metal blade).
- Cover your mixture with cheesecloth and a rubber band and place in a cool dark place for 24-48 hours until it is no longer sweet and tastes like sour yogurt.