- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Toasted coconut chips
- Chopped macadamia nuts
- Key limes, sliced
- Line a standard size muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, graham cracker crumbs, coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of mixture into each muffin cup, and use a glass to press down. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice and lime zest until light and smooth. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and beat until it reaches the consistency of melted ice cream.
- Sprinkle in the powdered sugar and vanilla and whip to stiff peaks.
- Fold half the whipped cream into the key lime mixture. Place the remainder into the fridge.
- To assemble, add the filling to a large zip-top bag, then cut off one corner. Pipe filling into each muffin cup. Place in freezer for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove cups from freezer. Remove wrapper and place on a plate. Spoon whipped cream on top, sprinkle with toasted coconut and garnish with a slice of key lime.