Banana Tarte Tatin
Sugar Fix - "Tropical Treats"
- Light brown sugar 150g
- Butter (cubed) 125g
- Water 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon (powder) 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Orange zest 1 orange
- Bananas (firm) 5 each
- Puff Pastry Fit for vessel
- Vanilla Ice Cream Optional
- Grated coconut Optional
- Heat oven to 180C.
- In a skillet, heat up brown sugar, once it begins to caramelise, stir in butter.
- Butter is likely to separate, add a spoon of water to re-emulsify the caramel.
- To the mixture, add salt, cinnamon, and vanilla, once properly incorporated, finish with orange zest.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the caramel mixture into cupcake mould, ramekins, or individual cylindrical silicon moulds.
- Slice bananas crosswise into into 1 centimeter rounds and arrange them into moulds tucking the edges to the sides, and leaving room on top for the pastry.
- Cut pastry into the shape and shape to the mould's top, then place on top of the bananas
- Place in to oven for 20-25 minutes, until puff pastry puff and is golden brown.
- Allow tart to rest for 5 minutes, and turn it over onto a tray.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and grated coconut