- 2 cups cornflakes
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup milk powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- On a lined baking tray, add 2 cups cornflakes and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly and transfer to bowl containing heavy cream. Stir to combine, and allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth, and place over a bowl. Pour cereal-infused cream into sieve, and use the back of a spoon to push down on cereal. Gather the cheesecloth from all sides, and squeeze around the soggy cereal, trying to squeeze out as much cream as possible. Discard soggy cereal.
- Using a stand mixer/hand mixer, whisk the cereal-infused cream with vanilla and a pinch of salt until thick peaks form. Remove from stand mixer, add condensed milk, and fold gently until incorporated.
- Place mixture in a loaf pan, and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
- On a lined baking tray, add crushed cornflakes, milk powder, sugar, butter and salt. Toss together to evenly coat, and spread out in one even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until mixture smells buttery. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- To serve, scoop cereal milk ice cream into a cup, and garnish with cereal brittle. Enjoy!