- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Mini pancakes
- Small squares of butter
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 5 cups confectioner's sugar
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating with each addition. Add the maple syrup. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Pour the batter into a lined muffin tin. Bake at 325F for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- To assemble, using a star-shaped piping tip, pipe some buttercream onto each cupcake.
- Top with 2 or 3 mini pancakes and a square of butter. Drizzle some maple syrup on top and enjoy!
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the maple syrup and beat until fully combined.
- Add the confectioner's sugar one cup at a time, then beat for 2-3 minutes until fluffy.