- Vanilla ice cream
- 6 slices chocolate Castella honey cake
- Tempura batter
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Oil, for deep-frying
- To garnish:
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Mint leaves
- Scoop out a ball of ice cream then place back in the freezer.
- Lay out the slices of cake on plastic wrap and use a rolling pin to flatten. Place the ice cream ball in the center of the cake slices and use the plastic wrap to wrap the ice cream with the cake. Place back in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Dip in tempura batter, coat with breadcrumbs, and repeat. Place in freezer for at least 15 minutes. Heat oil to 400 degrees. Deep-fry ice cream ball for 10 to 15 seconds until batter is golden brown.
- Place on a plate and garnish with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, whipped cream and a cherry.