- 2 cups water (lukewarm)
- 12g quick rise yeast
- 350g all purpose flour
- 185g sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mango jam (for filling)
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Mix lukewarm water with yeast in a mixing bowl.
- Combine all dry ingredients, whisking them to allow even dispersion .
- Slowly add dry ingredients into liquid, stirring with wooden paddle until properly incorporated and smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 45min.
- Stir risen batter to deflate bubbles, then cover and let rise for another 5 min.
- Use your hand to scoop the batter in a ball shapes into oil heated to 170C.
- With a piping bag and small tip nozzle, pipe in mango jam into puff puff and dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!