- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup butternut squash purée
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to mic. Do not over mix.
- Heat waffle maker until hot, then divide batter into 4-6 servings and cook following waffle make instructions.