- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- Pink food coloring
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup strawberries, roughly chopped
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, butter and eggs.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined. Add the strawberries and fold into the batter.
- Spray a waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon about ¾ cup batter into each waffle section. Close the iron and cook for 6-8 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate, or a cooling rack, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, confectioner’s sugar and strawberries and beat until well combined.
- To assemble, spread the cream cheese filling onto half of the waffles and place another waffle on top, pressing down so that the filling extends right to the edges. Roll the sides into graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!