- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 2 1/2 tablespoons water), or 1 small egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened plain almond milk (plus more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 cup strawberries
- Splash maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar
- To a large mixing bowl, add flaxseed and water; let sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the almond milk and whisk again until incorporated.
- Add oats, whole wheat flour and oat flour; stir until just combined. Be sure not to over-mix. Let batter rest while your pan heats up.
- Grease a nonstick pan and add a fourth of the batter into the heated pan. Make sure taco shells are not too thick. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep warm in a preheated oven.
- To a small saucepan over medium heat, add strawberries, maple syrup, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Cook, smashing berries with the back of a fork, for approximately 10 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Remove tacos shells from oven.
- Top each shell with 2 to 3 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream, warm strawberry sauce, torn basil and balsamic vinegar.