- 1 package (2 sheets) puff pastry dough, defrosted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup grated chocolate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, add almond flour, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, eggs, salt and butter. Pulse until combined and smooth. This is your almond paste, or “frangipane”.
- Make sure puff pastry is very cold. Place one sheet of puff pastry halfway on top of another sheet. Spread frangipane on half of the pastry and sprinkle with 1/2 of the chocolate flakes. Roll up exposed filling and turn dough over. Repeat the filling process and roll up dough. We want to create an S-shape with the pastry.
- Cut dough into 6 even pieces. Place each piece into a well-greased 9-inch cake pan in a circular wreath shape. Make sure the dough is touching slightly. Place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes if dough becomes too soft. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Enjoy!