Rainbow Fruit Tartlets
- For crust:
- 3/4 cup butter, ice cold, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream, cold
- Chopped fruit and berries, for topping
- 2/3 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs, plus 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese, room temperature
Rainbow Fruit Tartlets
- Make the tart shells first. Cube the butter beforehand and place into the freezer until icy cold. Place flour, salt and sugar in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add cold butter to the food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the cold heavy cream 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition, until the dough starts to come together but stays slightly crumbly.
- Bring the dough together into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll out dough into a thin sheet on a lightly floured work surface. Using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles.
- Gently press each disk of dough into a mini cupcake tin to shape the shell. Pierce the bottoms with a fork to prevent bubbling, and bake in preheated oven until golden brown. Allow the shells to cool slightly in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- Add a spoonful of lemon curd into the center of each tartlet. Transfer cheesecake filling to a pastry bag and pipe a dollop on top of each tartlet. Top with a variety of fruits to make a rainbow of tartlets.
- Keep tartlets refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer to remove impurities.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens into a custard, about 7 minutes.
- Add the butter to the hot custard; whisk until butter is completely melted. Cover the lemon curd with plastic wrap so it touches the surface; cool in refrigerator.
- Next, prepare the cheesecake filling. Pour cold heavy cream into a mixer bowl and add the sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk on medium speed to soft peaks.
- Add the whipped cream cheese, and whisk again until mixture is smooth. Keep cheesecake filling refrigerated until ready to use.