Strawberry Milkshake Oreos
Sugar Fix - "A Fruit Frenzy"
- Oreo cookies:
- 115 grams Unsalted butter, very soft
- 80 grams Caster sugar
- 75 grams Soft light brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 180 grams Plain flour
- 45 grams Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- Big pinch of salt
- Milkshake buttercream:
- 300 grams Icing sugar
- 100 grams Unsalted butter
- 30 milliliters Whole milk
- 60 grams Strawberry Milkshake powder
- For the cookies beat together the butter and two sugars until well combined and creamy.
- Beat in egg.
- Once combined sift over flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and stir in with a spoon so the dry ingredients don't fly everywhere.
- Once mixture begins to come together beat until smooth.
- Roll out 20 dough balls and place evenly onto a baking tray with baking paper. Make sure to leave gaps in between each dough ball.
- Place in a pre heated oven at 180°C for 9-11 minutes. Do not over bake. Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- For the milkshake filling beat together the butter and sifted icing sugar until sandy.
- In a separate bowl stir together the milk and strawberry powder until a smooth paste forms.
- Beat into the butter and icing sugar until combined.
- Scrape down bowl and beat for a further 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Put the buttercream into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe onto the bottom of a cookie.
- Sandwich with a similar size cookie.