- 1 Chocolate Box Cake
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Icing
- 1 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/4 tablespoon meringue powder
- 3-5 tbsp water
- Red gel food colouring
- Red Candy Melts, melted
- Bake the chocolate box cake by following package directions. Let cool. Being by breaking up the chocolate cake with your fingers and placing it into a food processor. Add in the icing and blend until a paste is formed. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your food processor.
- Dump out the cake pop mixture onto a piece of parchment paper and place another sheet of parchment over top. With a rolling pin, roll out the mixture till it is 1 inch in thickness. Using a mitten cookie cutter, cut out the shapes and place on a sheet tray. Dip a cake pop stick in some melted candy melts and push into the bottom of each mitten. Repeat with all the mittens and place the sheet tray into the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
- For the icing, place the confectioner's sugar, meringue powder, gel food coloring and some of the water into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 7 minutes until the mixture is smooth and when drizzled, stays on the surface for a few seconds. If you find that the icing is too thick, gradually add a few more drops of water.
- Place the mittens on a cooling rack over a baking tray. Spread the melted candy melts on the back of each mitten and let set. Flip the mittens over and pour the remaining chocolate over the top over each. Gently tap of any excess. Allow the chocolate to set before decorating with the royal icing. Place the royal icing in a piping bag fitted with a small circular tip and begin to pipe on the decorations for the mitten.