Sea Glass Candy
Sugar Fix - "Candy-Coated Creations"
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- Blue and white food coloring
- 1 teaspoon candy flavoring oil
- Powdered sugar
- Cooking spray
- Spray a nonstick baking tray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring to a simmer on medium heat, and stir continuously until a candy thermometer reads 260 degrees F.
- Add a few drops of blue and white food coloring to achieve desired shade of turquoise.
- Cook until candy thermometer reads 300 degrees.
- Remove from heat and stir in flavoring oil. Pour candy onto prepared baking tray and allow to completely harden.
- Once set, dust the surface of the candy with powdered sugar.
- Invert tray and tap with the back of a hand/hammer to break candy into pieces.