Create a free account with Tastemade to save recipes and videos!
Everyone loves Orbeez, and while you can't it the real thing, we're making giant ones you can both eat and play with.
- Hey, I'm Zoe Kelly. This is Bill, Neil, and Beyonce. And welcome to the kitchen lab. This is a place where I'll be testing gout some cool experiments, hacks, and fun things that we've all seen online and letting you know if they're worth a try at home. So grab a lab coat and let's get to testing. Orbeez have got to be one of the coolest things that I found out that just existed. So today I have my friend here Benison.
- Say what's up.
- Hey hey.
- Do you know what Orbeez are?
- [Benison] No. I've never, what is this?
- So let me explain to you. Orbeez are these little tiny beads. Do you see how small it is? And when you hydrate them in water they turn into this. I swear.
- What? This turns into this?
- [Zoe] Yes.
- Oh my God.
- Insane right? So go ahead and stick your hand in there. It's like the coolest feeling ever dude, go ahead. Just...
- Can you do it first?
- Oh my.
- Feels so good. Go ahead and try it.
- Oh, yo, it's like bubbles.
- [Zoe] I know.
- [Benison] I want this all over my body. These look, I want to eat these. Can I eat these?
- Unfortunately those are not edible but the ones we're gonna make today are completely edible and I'm gonna show you how to do it.
- We're gonna make edible Orbeez.
- Boom, let's do it.
- Let's do it.
- So I have flavored gelatin and unflavored gelatin. What we're gonna be doing is make a super concentrated solution so we're gonna have some really cool Orbeez that we can eat later. So, two buckets here. I have some water that I had boiling earlier. I'm gonna pour two cups in each bucket.
- I'm getting anxious over here.
- I know, I'm very excited.
- I'm very excited.
- So, to my hot water we're gonna add our gelatin. So go ahead and grab yours. Cheers. Boom.
- Oh damn, and then we're gonna throw this in too right?
- Yup, and this is the unflavored gelatin.
- [Benison] Ooh.
- Let's go ahead and give that a whisk. Whisk it up, whisk it up, and whisk it up. That looks perfect. I'll grab your whisk from you.
- Thank you. I've got a ladle.
- So here we have our little sphere forms and this is what's gonna make our Orbeez. You want to make sure that they're tightly sealed. Open them up and I'm gonna use a funnel so it's less of a mess. So, I'll hold it and you go ahead and pour some of the solution in there. Just don't get it on me. Don't get it on me. I trust you. All right, there we go filled to the top, so I'm gonna go ahead and plug it up. Boom.
- [Benison] Boom boom boom.
- Got it, all right. Let's do yours now.
- Orbeez done. Orbeez number one done.
- [Zoe] There you go, you got it. You got it.
- [Benison] Thank you.
- [Zoe] Boom.
- [Benison] Boom.
- All right, our Orbeez are ready to go into the fridge. If you can grab a little tray for me that'd be awesome.
- [Benison] These are looking amazing.
- I'm gonna put these in until they set and while I do that clean up for me, K, thanks.
- Yeah clean up, easy baby. ♪ Easy ♪ ♪ Easy ♪ ♪ Ooh ooh ♪ All right, I cleaned. Guys, Orbeez, Orbeez bro. Oh, yo, yo, these are Orbeez bro. And they turn into this bro. What? If I could just have two buckets of Orbeez next to me and had a rocking chair and my hands could just... Just like all day. Let's let gravity kind of just... Oh my God they go everywhere bro. Orbeez, Orbeez.
- Benison are you serious?
- What? I cleaned.
- I tell you to clean up and you make a mess.
- It's pretty clean no? There's Orbeez.
- I'm not gonna lie it's a lot of fun.
- [Benison] Whoa.
- Let's get back to business. Our edible Orbeez are set.
- Let's get them out of the mold and see what they look like. What? How awesome is this?
- This feels like a...
- It feels just like a regular Orbeez except giant.
- It's really tough.
- It's dense, right? I feel like we can bounce--
- [Benison] Is it gonna bounce? No.
- This is a game changer.
- Did you know?
- One, two, three, boink.
- Yo, I'm just gonna make all these edible Orbeez.
- Wait Benison, we did say these were edible.
- Let's eat it. Oh yeah.
- I mean, okay.
- Yup, what do you think?
- Delicious. I think next time we'll use more flavor.
- We should do, we should make a whole tub of these and then swim in that.
- Mind blown. You guys definitely have to try this one at home. And when you do make sure you tag us so we can see it. If you have any experiments that you want us to try here at the kitchen lab make sure you tag @tastemade. Happy orbing. Is that a word, orbing?
- We can make a word.
- I just made it. Mm, so cool.
Daily food & travel inspiration in your inbox
Coming right up
To save this video and more, Download the Tastemade App