- Hey everyone, it's Lauren from Tastemade, here today with Angela Kinsey.
- What's up?
- Thank you so much for being here.
- Thanks. I'm ready.
- Let's get the scoop.
- So you're in a new movie, Half Magic.
- Can you tell us a little bit about it?
- I can. You guys, this movie is so much fun. It was written and directed by Heather Graham. So go Female Film-maker Friday!
- Whoo! Have you seen that hashtag? Anyway, Heather wrote this really fun comedy, and it's about love and sex and friendship and starting over and believing in yourself. It's a great chick flick you guys.
- So, in honor of the movie being out, we thought that we would celebrate by building a gigantic ice cream sundae.
- So we can get to know you and more about the movie. The only catch for this is that every topping that you pick to add, you have to answer a question first.
- [Angela] What?
- [Lauren] I know.
- I know, I watch the show. I know.
- Okay, great.
- [Angela] Okay.
- [Lauren] I think we're ready to start.
- [Lauren] So, obviously we have to start with some ice cream. So you're gonna pick two flavors
- So we can really fill this up.
- Okay, what do I got here?
- [Lauren] So we have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and mint chip.
- I want vanilla and chocolate.
- [Lauren] Classic.
- [Angela] I'm old school.
- That's a classic combo. So you want to dump the chocolate.
- Do I dump it?
- [Lauren] I find that...
- [Angela] I'm going to feel really...
- The squeeze method is kind of the best way to get all of it in there.
- That's what she said. Why would you do that?
- There you go, throwing it back.
- [Angela] Get it, get it, get it.
- Yeah, so you have to use some muscles you don't normally use. Whoo!
- Alright, so for the ice cream your question is what was your last Google search?
- You guys, this is really gonna show you how dorky I am and be a window into my relationship, my husband and I. Cabins across America!
- That sounds awesome!
- Where do you want to go? To a cabin.
- [Lauren] So now we need some toppings on here, so, what do you want first.
- Oh gosh, Ooh, M&Ms!
- M&Ms. I love M&ms, yes
- Okay, perfect. But before you add them,
- Yeah. What is your worst cooking fail? Do you have any stories?
- Oh man. Okay, so, my husband is really good at baking and he and I were dating and he gave me his snickerdoodle recipe, and I was going to make it for my daughter and try to impress her. And I switch baking soda for baking powder, guess what happens? They turn out like hockey pucks!
- You want something you just gum down?
- That's what you do.
- There you go, it happens.
- [Angela] Okay, I'm adding these.
- [Lauren] Seems like it should be swap-able, because they both are kinda similar...
- Not so great, actually, as it turns out.
- Not recommended, yes. Alright, more toppings. What do you want next?
- Um... Oh gosh, I want something now salty.
- Oh, Pretzels!
- [Lauren] Pretzels?
- [Angela] Pretzels, yes, yes.
- Here we go. Okay, so for the pretzels then, Is there any celebrity you get mistaken for most?
- Yes! People ask me sometimes if I'm Laura Dern.
- Oh! I can see that!
- I'm like the short, I'm like the short version of Laura Dern.
- That's so funny!
- I don't know Laura Dern, you want to want to work together? You want to play my super tall sister? Just saying.
- [Lauren] I could see that.
- [Angela] Okay, here I go doing some of these. I like sweet and salt.
- It's like my favorite thing.
- It's a good balance between the two.
- [Lauren] Okay, more toppings on here.
- [Angela] Okay.
- So do you have any hidden talents or party tricks?
- Well, I speak Indonesian.
- I know.
- That's awesome! Where did you learn that?
- I grew up in Jkarta,
- I lived there 12 years.
- So... Right now I want to eat a lot!
- Okay, I was gonna say... I want to eat this, I want to eat that... I'm talking to you... Come on guys, this is so fun at a party.
- That is a really good party trick, people wouldn't expect that.
- They don't expect it! They think, you sometimes are weird.
- [Lauren] I don't think so.
- No, It's cool to know languages, come on!
- [Lauren] Yeah!
- [Angela] Learn other languages!
- Alright, I think we can go for one more topping here.
- Okay, I love these guys.
- [Lauren] Yes, and they look really fun.
- What do we call these? Can I have one?
- We'll let you have one.
- Just one, okay, precursor.
- Okay, before you put in on, What was your craziest fan encounter?
- I was at a concert one time, and I was sitting there and there was a section kinda up above me, and a group of young guys all stood up together, and they went, "Angela!" I was like huh, and they were like, "We'd take the Da Vinci Code, 'cause we'd burn the Da Vinci Code!" I was like, thank you for burning the Da Vinci Code!
- That's amazing. I love that. Okay, I think this looks really good so far, but no sundae is complete without whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry on top. So for the whipped cream, obviously Half Magic is a lot about relationships and dating, what was the best date that you've ever been on?
- Oh, you know what, I was in Hawaii with my husband, and he got his dad and stepmom to watch the kids so we could go on this amazing hike, and it was so beautiful and it was really special to him and he wanted to show it to me, and we were just up sort of overlooking the ocean. And it was just so beautiful. So that was one of my top favorite ones.
- Uh, love that.
- Good job, babe. I like that one.
- Take notes, everyone!
- Hike in Hawaii.
- And then eat a lot. That's what we did.
- Yeah, perfect. Work of art. Okay, so for the sprinkles, obviously that is the best date that you've been on, but what is maybe the worst date that you've been on?
- Oh, you guys, when I was in college, this guy took me on a date and he was like, my friend knows the back roads of Waco, Texas. Don't worry, it doesn't go that dark. But he took me to the Branch Davidian Compound, so that's a little dark.
- An ATF pulled us over and pulled him out of the car and threw him up against the hood, and they came around to me and I was like, I don't know him, it's a blind date, it's going horrible!
- Oh my Gosh!
- And he was like...
- Are you serious?
- That's a pretty good bad date story, though.
- I know right?
- It all makes for a good story.
- Nothing bad happened to me, but what an idiot. Cute.
- So, for the cherry on top, got some cherries over there, Half Magic is kind of a modern take on feminism as well, so what do you think is the most badass thing about sisterhood?
- Well, you know, I just feel like, in your life people will come and go, but your girlfriends are always there to rally around you, and they're there for you when you have good relationships and bad relationships, and they help you pack up your stuff and move. They help you just kinda get through things. It's just really empowering to have that really great group of gal pals that get you through life.
- Yep. That's perfect.
- That's beautiful, could not agree more.
- Ready, I'm gonna open this.
- This is one of my favorite noises, by the way. Ahh, so satisfying! Final touch!
- [Angela] Kaboom!
- Tada! Amazing! Okay, this looks so good. You worked so hard on this, I feel like you need to give it a name. You know, this is like a child.
- Gooey Goodness.
- [Lauren] Gooey Goodness. I like it! I would order that.
- Right? I'll have one Gooey Goodness, please. Here I go, I'm digging in.
- I'll take a little bite with you.
- I want some M&Ms, I want a little bit of pretzel, Here, don't be afraid.
- There's a lot.
- You know what? This is the best one because it has salty and sweet.
- Thank you.
- It's perfect.
- It's actually pretty good.
- It really is good.
- I know.
- I think we might need to eat this whole thing.
- You think?
- I think.
- We're going to go do that, you guys go see Half Magic, out now, thanks for stopping by! Bye guys!
- Thank you, guys! Thank you!
Daily food & travel inspiration in your inbox
Coming right up
To save this video and more, Download the Tastemade App