Create a free account with Tastemade to save recipes and videos!
Miranda Cosgrove is talking with Tastemade about her latest movie, "Despicable Me 3," — and more — while building an epic sundae.
- Hey everyone, it's Lauren from Tastemade and here with me today I have Miranda Cosgrove, voice of Margot in the Despicable Me movies. And we're about to get the Scoop. So here at Tastemade, we feel like the best way to get to know someone is to share a meal or a sweet treat.
- Sounds good to me.
- [Lauren] You can build your dream ice cream sundae, whatever you want. For every topping you pick, you have to answer a question.
- So we have mint chip, vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate.
- Okay I want chocolate and strawberry.
- So your first question is what is the song that you're currently obsessed with?
- I love by the band the 1975, Somebody Else.
- That's a good song.
- [Miranda] It's like I'm getting rewarded for answering.
- Exactly, that's the goal. And we're just going to like put this all in here.
- I wish all interviews were like this.
- [Lauren] Do you want to do the strawberry? You have to answer another question though.
- Oh, sorry.
- So what is your spirit animal?
- An elephant.
- Elephant, that's so cute. I love elephants. Do you have a good memory?
- No, not at all.
- Now we have all of these glorious looking toppings so what do you want to start with?
- [Miranda] Okay, probably cookie dough.
- As much as you want. Feel free to go crazy with the cookie dough. What is your hidden talent?
- I can shake my eyes. I have an extra eye muscle.
- Oh my god, that's amazing.
- It's kind of weird.
- [Lauren] Oh my god, I love it. Do you want another topping.
- Yes, strawberries.
- [Lauren] Okay, pineapples on pizza, delicious or disgusting?
- [Lauren] Tell me when to stop.
- You can just go for it if you want.
- Got to get every, that one is just going to say in the bowl. Alright, cool. I think you need some more toppings.
- Probably Oreos.
- [Lauren] My favorite personally. So what was your last used emoji?
- I like the one that has his tongue out. I think it's funny. Or the cool emoji. My friend made a pumpkin for Halloween. She carved it like the cool emoji.
- The one that just says cool on it?
- The little guy with the sunglasses?
- Oh oh oh, that one is also cool. Okay, great. More toppings, we need more toppings.
- [Miranda] Maybe chocolate sauce?
- Okay, your crush just texted you. Do you text back immediately or do you wait a little bit to respond?
- You wait several days.
- Several days, okay. So you make them like wonder if you're okay, how you're doing.
- Like you might not even be alive. You kind of scare them.
- That's great okay.
- Best way to go.
- Next topping.
- [Miranda] Bananas.
- [Lauren] So what's your favorite way to eat bananas?
- [Miranda] Actually people have told me before that I eat bananas really weirdly because I eat around the banana instead of eating it in bites.
- So you like go around...
- Like a corn on the cob or something.
- [Lauren] Alright.
- I think I'm going to go with, it's getting really crazy.
- [Lauren] Fruity Pebbles, I like it. Add some color on here. If you would rather speak fluent minionese or have all Gru's gadgets, what would you pick?
- I love the minions but the gadgets are too cool. I'd go with Gru's gadgets. I love his car. It's awesome. It basically like flies. And he just rams other cars to get into a spot. He doesn't even have to look.
- It's like a rainbow.
- I feel like it just took a huge turn.
- [Lauren] I know. It went from like very chocolate to very fun and colorful. Are there any more toppings that you want?
- [Miranda] Chocolate sprinkles.
- More chocolate. Okay, great. Gru or Dru?
- [Lauren] Gru, got to go with Gru. So no sundae is complete without whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry on top. Do you like whipped cream?
- No, I love whipped cream.
- Some people are like obsessed with whipped cream so I'll make sure to give you a health amount.
- [Miranda] Thank you.
- [Lauren] What has been the best advice ever given to you?
- Don't let anything stop you from trying to reach your goal.
- [Lauren] Right, that's awesome.
- I enjoyed that way too much.
- [Lauren] Despicable Me 3 is obviously coming out. So what trouble can we expect Margot and the other girls to get into?
- Well there is a new villain in this one named Balthazar Brat and he's this crazy guy who is obsessed with the eighties because he was a child star. I think he's one of the best villains that we've ever had.
- So for your final question, what is your favorite thing about being part of the Despicable Me family?
- My favorite thing would probably be getting to work with Steve Carrell because he's hilarious and I've loved getting to hang out with him.
- Do you want to top it off with a cherry? I think you've got to do this. The final touch. Beautiful.
- [Miranda] Yay!
- [Lauren] Do you want to name it? I feel like you need to name your sundae. It's like your baby.
- Roberta the sundae everyone.
- Just weird.
- I think we need to try it.
- I am so ready.
- Dig in.
- It's good. I can taste the fruity pebbles.
- Don't forget to see Despicable Me 3. When is it in theaters?
- June 30th.
- June 30th.
- [Miranda] It actually is really good.
- [Lauren] I know, right.
- Just keep eating the sundae.
- We have to finish it actually so. For more delicious treats and recipes, download our Tastemade app.
Daily food & travel inspiration in your inbox
Coming right up
To save this video and more, Download the Tastemade App