- Hi everyone, it's Lauren from Tastemade here today with the incredible Gwen Stefani.
- Wow, thank you for having me, whoa.
- Thank you so much for being here. Let's get the scoop. So at Tastemade we are food lovers, like food obsessed, as you can tell. So we're gonna build your dream ice cream Sunday, you can add anything you want to it. But for every topping that you chose, you have to answer a question first. So for your ice cream options you have some chocolate chip, vanilla, peppermint, or strawberry.
- I feel like right now looking at these the one that's speaking to me is the peppermint, which is not a normal thing I would chose. Blake actually is his favorite and I don't normally like this but--
- Not a minty fan?
- Oh my gosh it smells so good. I'm so into this right now. And here we go.
- And while you're adding that in I want you to think about your first question. So what is your all-time favorite Christmas movie?
- Okay that will take two seconds, Elf. Will Ferrell, I love you, I am obsessed with you and you better stay away from me because I am your biggest fan.
- Okay so for toppings is there one that's speaking to you?
- I love gummy bears.
- Gummy bears, beautiful, we've got a whole thing of these. So your question for the gummy bears is obviously Santa has a very classic outfit, but if you could redesign it--
- That's a good question.
- What would be the first thing you would do?
- Interesting. Well I have a Christmas special and in the special I do design Santa's look for 2017 so you'll have to watch to find out what I come up with. Did you know that?
- I didn't actually.
- I feel like you know that.
- Alright well now you get some gummy bears. Okay more toppings, what else do you want on there?
- I'm gonna go for, I think this is really gross, but I'm gonna go for these. 'Cause it gives that little crunch.
- I think so, yeah. Okay cool. I think we need another topping on here.
- I'm gonna do, I'm gonna go with these.
- These are the junior mints.
- Oh I love those.
- Okay awesome. So obviously you've had the chance to travel the world, and I'm sure experienced some amazing food. Is there one country that you feel like really has the best food?
- That's a hard one. I don't know I would say Indian, going to India and having south Indian food would be heaven. Right now I'm hungry.
- I know. Well don't worry 'cause you get to eat all of this. So for your whipped cream what are your pre-stage rituals? Do you have any rituals that you do?
- I do, actually. I never thought that I did have a pre-stage. Back in the day it would be like work out, do all that, but now I think my real ritual is my make-up, putting on my make-up. It's like war paint. Getting ready to be like--
- Gets you ready to go.
- And so I've always done my own make-up for stage and I really-- I think if I didn't, and I haven't a few times, it makes me feel like I haven't done the thing I need to do to prepare and then the make-up and then the praying.
- Alright, whipped cream, do you like whipped cream?
- How come you don't do the thumb part?
- Do you want to do it?
- No, you do it, I want you to do it.
- Okay, okay. I'm just gonna do a little conservative amount. Now I think we need some sprinkles. So we've got some sprinkles in the corner there. Okay perfect, I think we need a little cherry on top then.
- Oh two.
- We got a double.
- My luck.
- Alright so I think we need to try this, but before we do, what is your favorite holiday tradition?
- Okay, um, favorite holiday tradition. I would say that that would probably end up being-- I'm like trying to rewind in my brain. I would say the one that we did growing up, the one that Santa did was come to our house, and there was four of us, so we would be in the hallway and when you look through the hallway going out to where all the presents were, like the doorway, Santa or the elves or somebody would've gift wrapped the whole thing so you couldn't see through. So we'd be like, "Oh my gosh!" And they'd like, "One, two, three!" And then we'd bust through the paper.
- That's so fun!
- And so that happens at our house. But if you want it to happen you have to email Santa.
- Okay I'll send him an email--
- And you have to be a good girl.
- Okay I will be, very good. Alright I think this looks divine, do you want to name this since you worked so hard on this?
- What would you name it?
- I think we should go in honor of your album, You Make it Feel Like Christmas.
- That makes me feel like Christmas right there.
- Alright now we can try it. So I'm gonna take a little--
- Don't mind if I do.
- That was a good idea. The cereal in there!
- It is good. It's like cereal and milk ice cream. Alright well we're gonna go finish the rest of this, maybe, but you guys should go check out her album, You Make it Feel Like Christmas and happy holidays, everyone.
- Yay! Love you guys.
Daily food & travel inspiration in your inbox
Coming right up
To save this video and more, Download the Tastemade App