Moroccan Assir Al Avoca
This smoothie is not only delicious, but packed with nutrients that keep you energized throughout the day - it's a double win.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 fuerte or hass avocado
- 12 dates, pitted
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6-8 ice cubes, optional
- First make the almond milk. Cover 1 cup raw almonds with water, refrigerate and soak at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Drain and rinse almonds, then add almonds along with 2 cups of filtered water into a blender. Start at low speed, then gradually increase to high. Turn blender off, add 2 more cups of water, blend for a couple more seconds until combined. Yields 4 cups of almond milk.
- Place 2 cups of almond milk, avocado, and pitted dates into blender. It's good to start with the almond milk because it makes blending a little easier.
- Blend ingredients, taste, on their own
- Then add honey and vanilla to your liking.
- If you prefer your smoothies cold, add ice cubes as well, then blend until smooth and creamy.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE