This tiny affogato and biscotti will perk you up any morning.
Biscotti and Affogato
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon quail egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cranberries
- 1 tiny cup coffee
- 1 tiny scoop vanilla ice cream
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Combine wet and fry ingredients and fold in cranberries and pistachios.
- Form dough into a log and place on a baking sheet. Press down slightly. Bake until logs are slightly firm to touch, 5 minutes. Place logs on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut logs crosswise on the diagonal into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Bake until firm to the touch, about 2 more minutes. Remove pan from oven.
- To make affogato: add ice cream to cup of coffee.