When you come home from apple picking with tiny apples, make tiny apple pie.
Tiny Apple Pie
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons apple pieces, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- Squirt of lemon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Make the dough: combine butter, sugar and flour; mix until combined. Form into two small disks and refrigerate.
- For the filling: mix apples, brown sugar, lemon, cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into a 2-inch circle; press into bottom of pie pan.
- Add filling on top of dough. Roll out other piece of dough and cut into 8 equal-sized strips. Lay the strips on top of crust to form lattice.
- Bake pie for 8 minutes.