- 1/8 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- 1 1/8 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 quail egg
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- Oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- In a bowl, combine yeast, warm water and 1/8 teaspoon sugar; let sit for a minute. Stir in egg, salt, remaining sugar, evaporated milk and butter. Slowly add flour and form a dough. Set aside.
- Heat oil in small pot. Roll out dough and cut into squares. Fry until golden brown, and roll in powdered sugar.