A berry crostata the size of a raspberry is just what you need this Summer.
Summer Berry Crostata
- 1/2-inch disc of pie dough
- 1 blackberry, sliced
- 1 strawberry, sliced
- 1 cherry, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Egg wash
- Raw sugar
- Whipped cream
- Roll out the pie disc into a small circle.
- In a bowl, combine berries, cornstarch, sugar and lemon juice.
- Place fruit in the center of the dough circle, leaving a 1/4-inch edge. Fold the border over berries, gently pleating the edge.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature topped with whipped cream.