Tiny Croque Madame
The traditional French ham and cheese sandwich gets a mini makeover.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Gruyere
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 tiny slice Black Forest ham
- 1 quail egg
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and simmer until thick. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread sauce onto 1 slice of bread. On the second slice, add ham, cheese, and Dijon. Sandwich the two sides together.
- Place sandwich on a baking sheet and cover with more sauce. Broil for 2 minutes.
- Fry quail egg and place on top of sandwich to serve.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE