These yummy, petite doughnuts basically guarantee a Happy Hanukkah.
Tiny Sufganiyot (Hanukkah Jelly Doughnuts)
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar, plus more for rolling
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon quail egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- In a tiny bowl, combine yeast and warm water. Set aside until foamy.
- Place flour in a small bowl. Add egg, yeast mixture, sugar, butter, nutmeg and salt. Stir until a sticky dough forms. Turn dough out onto a flat surface covered with flour. Use fingers to knead the dough. Form into a ball.
- Place dough in a small bowl; cover with a towel. Set in a warm place to rise until doubled in size.
- Heat oil for frying. Roll dough into small balls and fry until golden brown.
- Using a spoon, transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Roll in sugar while warm.
- Fill a tiny pastry bag with jam. Fit the pastry tip into a hole; pipe jam into doughnut. Repeat with remaining doughnuts.