- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon tiny chicken thigh pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon tiny slices smoked sausage
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef broth
- 1 teaspoon canned tomatoes
- 1 piece chopped frozen okra
- 3 tiny shrimp
- Chopped parsley
- In a pot, heat oil and cook chicken until browned. Remove and cook sausage until browned, then remove.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons butter to pot and melt, stir in flour and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until a browned roux is formed.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon butter and melt. Stir in onion, pepper and celery. Add Worcestershire and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil and stir in tomatoes and okra. Cook for 20 minutes. In the last 3 minutes stir in shrimp and parsley.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE