- 3 tiny pieces chicken
- 1 teaspoon carrots
- 1 teaspoon celery
- 1 teaspoon onion
- 1 peppercorn
- 1 leaf parsley
- Reserved cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon carrots
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 quail egg
- 1 tablespoon matzo meal
- 1/4 teaspoon melted chicken fat
- 1/4 teaspoon soda water
- Add all stock ingredients to a soup pot and simmer 10 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Continue simmering soup for 1/2 hour. Drain stock and reserve.
- When ready to make soup: Bring stock to a boil and add carrots; cook for 6 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pot and stir in dill. Set aside.
- Add matzo balls to bowl and pour soup over top. Garnish with more dill.
- Mix all matzo ball ingredients and place in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Form tiny matzo balls and boil in water for 5 minutes.