- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon minced onion
- 2 (1/2-inch) slices bacon, minced
- 5 thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1/2 quail egg
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded Gruyere
- 1-inch disc pie dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small pan, melt butter and saute onions. Stir in bacon and thyme and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk half-and-half, egg, chives, salt and pepper. Stir in bacon mixture and cheese.
- On a floured surface, roll out pie dough then press into small pie pan. Trim any excess dough. Add filling and bake for 8 minutes.