- 8-9 heirloom tomatoes
- Serrated knife
- Serving plate
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup olive oil
- Mortar and pestle
- Pepper grinder
- Slice your tomatoes to 1/2 in thick.
- Place them in a colander and sprinkle with a good dusting of salt. Let them sit there for about 30 minutes and allow the salt to draw out the juice.
- Assemble tomatoes on a serving plate, drizzle with herb oil and finish with ground pepper.
- To make herb oil, add the basil and other herbs in a mortar and pestle with a pinch of salt until it's a paste.
- Add the paste to the olive oil and mix.