- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, finely chopped, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- To make the chia pudding, add chia seeds, almond milk, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a medium bowl, whisking to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and transfer to the refrigerator.
- Let sit overnight, or for at least 3-4 hours.
- Add chopped strawberries, blueberries, coconut sugar, and lemon zest to a small bowl, stirring and mashing to combine.
- Store, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- To serve, whisk the chia-almond milk mixture to break up any lumps.
- Add the crushed berry mixture to the bottom of small mason jar or bowl.
- Top with the chia pudding mixture.
- Top with additional fresh blueberries and strawberries.