- 5 medium russet potatoes, washed, skin on
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons thyme, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Using a mandoline, slice the potatoes into small rounds.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, Parmesan, thyme, chives, sea salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Generously fill each muffin opening to the top with a stack of potatoes. (Potatoes will shrink when baking.)
- Top the stacks with more Parmesan and sea salt if desired.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and roast for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and roast for another 20 to 25 minutes until crisp and browned.
- Serve warm.