- 2 bone-in pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Applesauce and sour cream for serving
- Line your slow cooker with foil, dividing into 2 compartments.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Season pork chops with oil, salt and pepper. Sear pork chops until golden brown on each side.
- Toss cabbage together with potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Prepare one side of slow cooker with cabbage mixture, nestling seared pork chops on top. Cover with remaining ingredients.
- Prepare soufflé/custard cups by spraying with cooking spray. (You can also use tea cups or any individual bowl that is oven-safe.)
- In a bowl, season apples with cinnamon and toss with half of the caramel sauce. Divide mixture amongst cups.
- In another bowl, mix together crisp topping, breaking up butter until fine and crumbly. Sprinkle topping over cups, then place in slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to low, cover and cook for about 3 1/2 - 4 hours, until crisp is bubbly and pork chops are fork tender.