- 2 lb potatoes, peeled, sliced into ½-inch slices
- 3 hard-boiled egg yolks
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ cup frozen corn, defrosted
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Place the potatoes in a pot of cold water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Bring the heat down to medium-high heat and boil for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- In the meantime, place the cucumbers in a bowl and sprinkle the salt over top. Allow this to sit for 5 minutes for the salt to remove the excess water from the cucumber. Then drain the water from the bowl and squeeze the cucumbers dry with a paper towel.
- Drain the water from the pot, and place the pot over low heat. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or potato ricer until smooth, then remove from the heat. Add the egg yolks and continue mashing until fully combined.
- Add the cucumber, corn and black pepper and combine well. Then add the mayonnaise and mix until fully combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge.