- Cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 1/2 cups Medjool dates, pitted, plus 5 for the topping
- 3 cups unsalted cashews
- 1 can coconut milk, refrigerated
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons light agave
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon oil/extract
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries, plus a handful to garnish
- Freeze-dried blackberry powder
- Shredded coconut, toasted
- Mint leaves
- Lightly oil a 9-inch square cake pan.
- To make the base, place the almonds and the dates in a food processor and process until very finely chopped.
- Transfer to the cake pan and press the mixture down evenly to form the base.
- Put the pan in the freezer to firm up while you make the cheesecake layer.
- Soak the cashews in cold water overnight.
- Drain the cashews and put half in a food processor.
- Scoop the cold coconut cream off the top of the can of coconut milk, about 1 cup and add to food processor.
- Add the remaining cheesecake layer ingredients and blitz until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Spread the creamy mixture on top of the base and place in the freezer.
- To make the topping, add the blackberries, 5 remaining dates and remaining cashews to the food processor. Blitz until combined.
- Take the cake pan out of the freezer and spoon over the topping, spreading out to cover.
- Return to freezer.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving, then slice into 10 to 12 bars.
- Sprinkle with the toppings of your choice to serve.